Return to Headlines

What To Bring When You Enroll

Bring the following items to enroll when you come to enroll in Guntersville City Schools:
  • Copy of the student's birth certificate. NOTE: If the person registring the student is NOT listed on the birth certificate, you must provide legal documentation stating that you are the legal guardian.
  • Proof of residence inside the Guntersville city limits (signed lease, deed, mortgage, most recent utility bill addressed to the parent/guardian at the address being established as the residence, or the order to turn on utilities)
  • Current State of Alabama Certificate of Immunization (blue card)  
  • Copy of the student’s Social Security card (optional). The student's Social Security number will be used only as a student identifier. It will not be used as a student ID number and will be secured in each individual's cumulative record.
  • Complete address of the previous school attended
  • School records including official withdrawal form and latest report card
  • Transcript or most recent report card from previous school. This is necesary for correct grade and class placement and must be received in order to complete the registration process. If you do not have this, please contact the precious school and ask them to fax a copy to GHS at 256-582-4742. Records may also be emailed to
  • Special education records or 504 paperwork, if applicable