Return to Headlines

New Student Enrollment

All new registrations and questions should be directed to Mrs. Aimee Puckett at our Central Office. 

Enrollment packets should be picked up and delivered to the Central Office. Paperwork will no longer be accepted at individual schools.

Guntersville City Schools Central Office
4200 AL Highway 79-South
Guntersville, AL 35976
Phone: (256) 582-3159

Bring the following items to enroll:
  • Copy of the student's birth certificate. Note: If the person registering the student is not listed on the birth certificate, they must provide legal documentation stating that they are the legal guardian.
  • Proof of residence inside the Guntersville city limits (signed lease, deed, mortgage, most recent utility bill addressed to the parent/guardian at the address being established as the residence, or the order to turn on utilities).
  • Current State of Alabama certificate of immunization.
  • Copy of the student’s Social Security card (optional). The student's Social Security number will be used only as a student identifier. It will not be used as a student ID number and will be secured in each individual's cumulative record.
  • Complete address of the previous school attended.
  • Student's withdrawal form and latest report card. Report cards and transcripts are necessary for correct grade and class placement and must be received in order to complete the registration process.
  • Special education records or 504 paperwork, if applicable.